Monday, May 16, 2016

Turn 12 in Monterey. A winner

I have lived in California for my whole life, (which is to say for 51 years) and have covered so many great places to visit and have lived in some of the best as well.  I eventually settled in the Monterey area to get away from the traffic and heat of my longtime home, Los Angeles.  One thing I will say about this area, as far as the food goes it seems like it should be a lot better than it is.  After over three years living here, I have really only managed to find a handful of great restaurants worthy of the praise and prices they command. Restaurants like Demetra Cafe in Carmel BTS and the Fishwife, Alvarado Grill and Cafe Fina are exceptional with few others I've tried keeping up. Places like Vesuvios (turning out soggy and over seasoned pizzas) and Dominico's on the wharf  with their rude staff and bland food are vastly overated in my opinion. There should be no excuse for mediocre food and crappy service when you're paying top dollar.

One restaurant that I've been to now twice for their Sunday brunch, and really liked is a newer restaurant called Turn 12 in Monterey.  The decor is set in a California style with Racing Bikes and Artwork adorning the walls.  A huge welcoming bar is the first thing you see when you come in.

The food was really excellent.  I had their Skirt Steak BL(a)T sandwich with aioli sauce.  It was so good I had it again the next time!  My partner had an egg sandwich with arugula, Swiss cheese and apple smoked bacon which was also delicious.  The Sunday brunch comes with a bottomless Mimosa and they have great Bloody Mary's with lots of good spicy stuff for your palate.




I really enjoyed it and will definitely be back soon.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment