Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Gabriella Cafe, Santa Cruz - One of the year's best?

I had the opportunity to eat at a very good restaurant this week for lunch called Gabriella Cafe in Santa Cruz California. The restaurant is set off the main drag in downtown Santa Cruz and he's been in the same location for over 24 years. (That's usually one sign of a quality run restaurant.) Both the owner Paul, and his son Matt were both there to make sure we had a good experience.

I find it hard to go out to a nice restaurant and pass up a good sounding gourmet burger if it's on the menu. This was no exception and believe me this hamburger did not disappoint. It was cooked perfectly the way I asked and was large but not too messy. Very flavorful.
Since trout is my favorite fish, I decided to go with the trout salad as well which was grilled and tasty and yet not overdone. I could have gone for a little more dressing on the salad, but the vegetables were great and the food was prepared and presented in a very professional and caring way.
Paul was well-versed and happy to help customers with choices based on seasonally available products. That also means so much when you're trying to get good quality food in my opinion. I will be coming back to Gabriella Cafe often and would recommend you do the same if you're in Santa Cruz.

We're going to be back going through Santa Cruz in the next few days with some of the other restaurants and places that we would recommend so check us out often here at Travel bum Diaries And subscribe.
Until then, Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment